Orange Cinnamon Shatter Candy
I remember as a child going to the closest candy store after school. Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory has this one song that always takes me back.
Making candy is a lot of fun but can get dangerous. It is a fast process, using very cheap ingredients. It pure deliciousness and you can make any shape/mold you wish.
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup corn syrup
- 2 T of your favorite flavors (most extracts found in the store or online)
- Few drops of food coloring if you want
- Temperature Reader
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Heavy bottom pot
- Silicone mat or candy molds
- Put your candy thermostat on the heavy bottom pot
- Add sugar, corn syrup and flavoring
- Over a med heat, cook the mixture stirring it slightly until the thermostat reads 305 degrees
- Pour the mixture on the silicone pad and put somewhere flat and safe and allow to cool.
- When candy it is hard & crack it into small pieces with a spoon
Toss the candy in powdered sugar and shake excess sugar off with a fine mesh strainer. Or just serve it straight up no extra sugar. Either way you have it, amazing!