Kale & Butternut Squash Dip
Plowbreak Farms hooked us up with delicious kale and butternut squash. This recipe is great for any football party and I like to have a lot of them, especially on Sunday. What I really like about this simple recipe is that you can make this recipe during the halftime break/show. It is also a healthy alternative to store bought dips without the preservatives. The dish has a delicate flavor that is actually light for a cream based dish, and its not heavy. Lots of garlic and cheese as well! Kale is healthy dark leafy green that has a perfect for the balance of the dish, offering a fresh flavor. The butternut squash gives the dish a sweet favor to the dish and texture. The balance between kale and butternut squash gives this dip a reason to impress your friends. It’s a dish that’s guaranteed to give you a TOUCHDOWWWWNNNN!!!!
- 1 Cup Chopped kale
- 1 butternut squash
- 6 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup parmesan
- ¼ t salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ C mayo
- Oven safe bowl
- Vegetable peeler
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- Small stock pot
- Boil 2 C water
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Soften your cream cheese in a oven safe dish for 5 mins
- Peel the butternut squash and cut into small cubes
- Strip the leaves from the kale stem
- Cut the kale into small bite size pieces
- Put the kale and butternut squash into the boiling water
- Cook for 5-8 mins until the squash is soft
- Strain liquid from the kale and butternut squash
- Mix with rest of the ingredients in bowl
- Transfer mixture to a oven safe dish or bowl
- Cook in the oven for 5 mins.
- Serve with chips
This plating is pretty straight foreword. Get some friends and a bowl of chips. Be careful if serving hot.
This dish was very comforting, filling and something I could have consumed in one sitting alone/by myself. This is a dish that still has me desiring more of it, even as I am writing this review. I am going to have this dish at my next football party. Delicious and healthy at the same time.
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @HeavenlyEating and make sure to like us on Facebook.