How To Make Chicken Stock
Once a chicken is broken down and you are left with its pieces. Now what to do with the carcass? You use it in a chicken stock. A chicken stock is a soup base or that is slowly cooked using water, carrots, celery, onions, herbs and the chicken carcass. Here is a recipe that will make a delicious stock. The stock will hold in the fridge for a week and up to 6 months in the freezer.
- 8 Cups Water
- 1 Chicken Carcass
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Celery Stalks
- 2 Onions
- 4 Sprigs Of Parsley (We Used Rosemary)
- 2 T Salt
- 4 Peppercorns
- 8 Qt stock pot w/ lid
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
- First start off by cutting all your vegetables into thumbnail sized pieces
- Add them to your stock pot with the chicken carcass, water, herbs, salt and peppercorns
- Cook over a med heat until the stock comes to a boil, place the lid on the pot and reduce your heat to a simmer
- Simmer the stock for 4-6 hours
- Strain the mixture reserving the liquid for later use.
- BOOM! You just made a basic chicken stock
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @HeavenlyEating. Like us on Facebook and subscribe to our Youtube Channel.