Baked Avocados with Quinoa
For the love of avocados!! People love them. We put them on everything and for good reason. Avocados are very healthy, “offer nearly 20 vitamins and minerals in every serving, including potassium(which helps control blood pressure), lutein (which is good for your eyes), and folate (which is crucial for cell repair and during pregnancy).” From breakfast to dinner these beauty green produce that . Baking them is one of my favorite methods of eating avocados. It’s such a easy process as well. What sounds crazy and time consuming is an easy 15-20 min breakfast. Its also very healthy, gluten free and tastes so amazing. I like to serve it with quinoa. Quinoa is an ancient grain that is full of health benefits like antioxidants, protein, and vitamins. Giving your body an energized breakfast that will benefit you for a hard day at the office. Mixing up this dish with different ingredients, healthy salad, granola, yogurt will give it a spin but the flavors of the egg yolk/ avocado will shine thru. Playing around with this easy, simple and a fast way to have a breakfast dish. You can make the quinoa ahead of time so you can speed up the dish if you are in a rush in the morning. It will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Image waking up to this little slice of heaven.
- 1 Cup quinoa
- 2 Cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ Cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Sprig of cilantro
- 2 Egg
- 1 Avocado
- Salt and Pepper
- Small soup pot with lid
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Oven safe dish
- Take your two cups of vegetable or chicken stock, onions and quinoa and put them on the stove over a med heat.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the flame to low and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the stock, about 15-20 mins
- Preheat your oven to 475
- Cut your avocado is half and remove the pit. Score each side of the avocado (make a slight cut into the avocado making it look like a checker board)
- Crack a egg in the well where the pit was and place on a baking sheet and bake until, the egg whites are fully cooked about 15 mins
To plate this dish all you have to do is take a scoop of the quinoa and put it in the center of the plate. Add the baked avocado to the dish and garnish with the cilantro sprig. Serve to your friends and family for a healthy creative breakfast or brunch! Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter & Instagram @HeavenlyEating. Share and like us on Facebook! We loving seeing your creations #HeavenlyEating.